The Staff Development Forum (SDF) is passionate about people, committed to learning and development and empowering others to thrive.
Members of the Executive and Council teams are Learning and Development professionals in the Higher Education (HE) sector working voluntarily to:
- facilitate the growth of learning and development professionals by supporting and challenging each other through networking opportunities.
- craft initiatives to forge collaboration, innovation and sharing of excellent practice.
The SDF is a not-for-profit charitable organisation founded in 2004 and sponsored by Advance HE. The SDF is a nationally recognised and regionally representative network.
Our Aims are to:
- actively explore insights, connections and points of entry into to new thinking, research and innovations through alliances with other like-minded organisations.
- maintain our focus on what we do well: networking, supporting each other and sharing excellent practice.
Support for the Staff Development Forum
Two roles of Executive to the SDF will become available in June 2023. The tenure of each role is for a three-year period.
Both roles will be supporting the governing structure of the SDF Executive team, in addition to the current members of the Executive team.
This is an exciting opportunity for two successful applicants to work with like-minded colleagues to help shape the strategic direction of the SDF. Additionally, they will gain valuable experience of working within a small team to support staff developers from across our sector.
We’d like the SDF Executive team to represent the remarkable and diverse SDF regional networks and for this we’d heartily like to encourage colleagues from SDF regional networks to step in.
About the SDF Executive team:
The Executives will be expected to attend SDF Executive and Council Meetings and the National Conference.
Outside of these meetings, the Executive Committee maintains informal contact through email and one to one Zoom calls.
Members of the Executive Committee benefit from:
- Attendance at the SDF Festival of Learning and Development (Annual National Conference) fully funded by the SDF.
- Access to an unlimited number of SDF Festival tickets at a heavily discounted fee for institutional colleagues who wish to attend.
- Successful applicants will be offered one-to-one Coaching or Mentoring to assist them in their role within the SDF.
Duties of the SDF Executive:
- Chair Executive, Council and any ad hoc meetings as required.
- Liaise with other members of the Executive, Council and Administrators in order to progress the SDF’s strategies and business plan targets.
- Contribute to the development of the SDF’s strategic policy, planning and implementation processes.
- Contribute to the planning and setting of the SDF budget and, in doing so, take account of information and advice from members of the Executive, Council and the SDF’s paid Administrator.
- Represent the SDF at a national and potentially an international level, including the Advanced HE, other external agencies/organisations, potential project partners, the media and variety of stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of SDF’s communications strategy.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of all CPD activity inc. SDF Events, Accredited Programmes and Conference.
If you would like to express your interest in this role please confirm this in writing (email) to the Executive team via Jane Lucas at email@example.com
Applicants are required to prepare a 250-word summary outlining why they are interested and what they can bring to the role. Closing date Friday, 30 June 2023.
If you would like further information about the role or the work of the SDF Exec. Committee, then please do not hesitate to contact the Executive team via Jane Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org