We (usually) meet on the first Wednesday of March, July and December each year at a different venue.
2022 MSDP Dates
- Wednesday 2nd March – Zoom Meeting 10 am – 12:30 pm
- Wednesday 6th July – University of Northampton Waterside Campus 10 am – 3 pm
- Wednesday 7th December – University of Birmingham 10 am – 3 pm
- Agenda for Wednesday 7th December 2022 Birmingham
- Afternoon session: ‘Better relationships = better mental health’
- Jonathan Pittam from MindBody Consulting
- This highly interactive 90 minute session will explore some of the interpersonal aspects of mental health for leaders,and how getting the interpersonal elements right can help to proactively reduce the impact of poor workplace mental health.We’ll also touch on the concept of developing your own personal wellbeing toolkits.
2023 MSDP Dates
- Wednesday 1st March – Zoom Meeting 10 am – 12:30 pm
- Wednesday 5th July – Seeking a host (in-person) 10 am – 3 pm
- Wednesday 6th December – University of Birmingham 10 am – 3 pm
The format of general meetings (unless partly or fully collapsed)
- A brief review of notes from the previous meeting and any matters arriving.
- Useful updates from the MSDP Chair, SDF and Advance HE.
- “Round Robin” of ‘gives and gets’ from those attending – sharing information and best practice.
- “Top of the Mind” what are the key priorities for those present and how can others support them.
The after-lunch session will consist of one of the following:
- Sharing good practice on a given topic, for example, if an institution present has won an award, delivered a conference session or being recognised for good practice in a particular area.
- Staff development offered by a member of the group – for example if a member of the group has recently been trained in something new and would like to trial their new knowledge and skills on a friendly audience, or a member providing an update on a commonly used tool – e.g. Belbin or MBTI – where that member has recently attended ‘refresher’ training themselves.
- Staff development from an external provider – for example, a company or consultant wishing to showcase their training and willing to offer a free taster session to the group.
- Resources – a company or consultant wishing to showcase their product or services.
Guidance notes for the host organiser
The following guidance notes provide an overview for the member of the host institution designated to organise an MSDP meeting.