We meet on the first Wednesday of March, July and December each year at a different venue.
2017 MSDP Dates
- Wednesday 1st March – University of Northampton: Scheduled MSDP format meeting (Notes)
- Wednesday 5th July – Loughborough University: Scheduled MSDP format meeting (Agenda)
- Friday 6th October – University of Northampton: LFHE Regional Change Network meeting
- Wednesday 29th November – SDF Conference day 1 Birmingham
- Thursday 30th November – SDF Conference day 2 Birmingham
- NB: December meeting (being 1 week after hosting SDF Conference) moved to January
2018 MSDP Dates
- Wednesday 17th January – Aston University: Scheduled MSDP format meeting
- Wednesday 7th March – Cranfield University: Scheduled MSDP format meeting
- Wednesday 4th July – University of Nottingham: Scheduled MSDP format meeting
- Wednesday 5th December – University of Birmingham: Scheduled MSDP format meeting
New format of the meetings (trialled in 2015)
- Review of notes from previous meeting and any matters arriving.
- Updates from the Chair from SDF and Leadership Foundation.
- “Round Robin” of ‘gives and gets’ from those attending – sharing information and best practice.
- “Top of the Mind” what are the key priorities for those present and how can others support them.
The after lunch session will consist of one of the following:
- Sharing good practice on a given topic, for example, if an institution present has won an award, delivered a conference session or being recognised for good practice in a particular area.
- Staff development offered by a member of the group – for example if a member of the group has recently been trained in something new and would like to trial their new knowledge and skills on a friendly audience, or a member providing an update on a commonly used tool – e.g. Belbin or MBTI – where that member has recently attended ‘refresher’ training themselves.
- Staff development from an external provider – for example, a company or consultant wishing to showcase their training and willing to offer a free taster session to the group.
- Resources – a company or consultant wishing to showcase their product or services.