Who we are?
The Staff Development Forum (SDF) is a not-for-profit charitable organisation, representing and working with staff and organisational developers in Higher Education (HE) to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and organisational performance of the sector and its workforce. Founded in 2004, and financially supported by the Leadership Foundation, the SDF is a nationally recognised and regionally representative network. Its key strategic aims are to:
- Build capacity and capability in the HE sector through building an effective Community of Practice
- Develop and nurture appropriate and supportive links with other relevant key partners and stakeholders
- Advance and support a code of professionalism and professional standards
- Exert a positive influence on key decision makers
- Support the professional and career development of members
- Enhance the profile of the profession
- Equip members of the SDF Community to deliver excellent provision in support of the leadership/organisation development agenda within HE and to meet the needs of specialist staff in the sector
What we do?
SDF works with partner organisations, regional networks and time-limited task groups. Its major support activities currently include:
- CPD Accredited Award Programmes
- Developing Professional Practice
- Staff and Organisational Development Practitioners
- Leading Staff and Organisational Development
- Annual SDF/LFHE Staff Development Conference
- SDF Consultancy Service (offering tailored CPD events)
- Special Interest Groups (SIG) (e.g. Coaching and Action Learning)
- Project work with the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE), the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education (LFHE) and the Staff and Education Development Association (SEDA) as well as other relevant HE based groups
- Newsletters, research and publications on strategic issues affecting HE and the staff development profession
- SDF Digest (A Practictioner Journal for HE Staff Development)
- Supporting the work of the LFHE
Download the Intro to the SDF Leaflet
The SDF participates in the JISCmail networking system (JISCmail is a service that currently runs electronic discussion lists for UK academics and support staff).
More information about the SDF JISCmail discussion list and how to join/use it.
- SDF Organisation Chart
- SDF Council Members
- SDF Executive Committee
- Regional SDF Groups
- SDF Administrators
The Staff Development Forum (SDF) is a not-for-profit charitable organisation, representing and working with staff and organisational developers in Higher Education (HE) to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and organisational performance of the sector and its workforce.