Adapting Learning in a Changing HE Environment
Date :Wednesday 29th –Thursday 30th November 2017
Venue : Hyatt Regency Birmingham
We continually need to adapt the way we lead learning and development in an ever changing HE environment. In these times of constant change and new challenges, we need to develop our development professionals for an increasingly uncertain future.
The conference will specifically look at five key themes:
- Enhancing our development toolkit
- The current challenges we face
- Leading differently
- Learning technologies
These themes will be explored through plenary sessions, debate, workshops and conference exhibitors from a variety of industries and professional capacities.
Ideas for sub sections for each heading are as follows
- Developing a coaching culture
- Coaching for resilience
- Coaching teams
- mBraining (neuroscience in coaching)
2 Enhancing our development toolkit
- Professional recognition e.g. HEA Fellowship, HE Apprenticeships etc.
- Psychometric tools
- Individual and team development
- Career pathways for OD and L&D professionals
3 Challenges we face
- TEF – what is teaching excellence?
- Apprenticeships levy
- Creating an agile organization
- Changes to educational and political landscapes e.g. impact of Brexit
- Impact of OD in the changing world of HE
4 Leading differently
- Leading through Shakespeare
- Engaging academic leaders
- Leading learning in a VUCA world
5 Learning technologies
- Leading in a digital age
- How to make better use of learning technologies
- Anytime, anywhere learning
- Social learning
SAVE with our EARLY BIRD rates – but only if you book before 21st July – Conference Booking Form
Developing Excellent Practice Award 2017
The SDF Developing Excellent Practice Award reflects the 2017 National Conference’s over-arching theme of “Adapting learning in a changing HE environment.” Shortlisted entries will be featured at the Conference in Birmingham (29-30 November), with the winner being announced at the Conference dinner on 29th November.
Spread the word amongst colleagues who may wish to contribute in this way and add the dates to your diary